Alex Figueroa, CPA
Alex Figueroa, CPA, is the CEO and President of A'Square Accounting and Tax, PC. Alex’s extensive accounting experience allows him to help owners of small and mid-sized businesses reach their goals. He is passionate about ensuring that his work adds high value and brings real results to the businesses he serves. Clients appreciate his practical solutions, personalized service, and deep financial knowledge.
A'Square Accounting and Tax, PC offers a variety of services, including outsourced controller services, bookkeeping, payroll, tax preparation, tax planning, QuickBooks consulting on both Desktop and Online, QuickBooks training, and more. Each service can be customized into a unique package to fit a client’s specific business needs.
Some of Alex’s recently completed client work includes:
- Restructuring client entities and implementing strategies to significantly reduce tax liability.
- Uncovering and reclaiming tax deductions missed by prior tax preparers that have resulted in tens of thousands for clients.
- Developing long-term financial planning that includes analysis, budgeting and forecasting to ensure businesses have maximum control of their operations, properly manage cashflow and stay on top of profit goals.
- Cleaning up years of accounting for a few clients, identifying several errors that led to unbilled invoices and overspending, training staff on proper bookkeeping practices, and developing internal controls to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting. As a result, clients improved their accounting processes and are now able to produce financial reporting that they rely on with confidence.
- Setting up QuickBooks Online and Desktop for a number of businesses.
Prior to becoming the CEO of A'Square Accounting and Tax, PC, Alex worked as an accounting director for a company in the insurance industry. He began his career in a public accounting firm performing tax preparation, payroll, and accounting services and has served in accounting and auditing roles for over 15 years. Throughout his career, Alex has also managed a clientele of his own, providing tax planning, tax strategy, and accounting services.
Alex is a licensed CPA in the state of California. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from California State University, Northridge. Alex is very family-oriented and, when not busy working, loves to spend time with his family and take his son swimming and to basketball practice. He enjoys hiking and going on fun getaways with his family.